Friday, January 8, 2010

A sad day


I'm finally able to post about my sadness. We had to put down our dog, baby bear, Jan. 2. She was 16 years old and had a horrible cancerous tumor on her chest. She was our baby. It's so very empty here in our house without her. Our white kitty, Snow White, is greiving too. She loved bear and would talk to her and even kiss her! I'm worried she might greive too much. Our life was so revolved around bear it's just really hard to have life without her! She was part shepherd and lab. People told us she looked like a black german shepherd. She was so sweet and really smart. Even when she got so she couldn't hear we could do hand signals and she caught on to them so rapidly! I always thought she should have been a guide dog. I won't talk too long about her as i'll just cry, not for her so much as for myself, my loss. She's finally not suffering.


It's really cold here today. We have lots of snow and are supposed have more. We're used to it here in Iowa tho. Not loving it but just used to the fact that we will have lots of snow and cold! =-) How's the weather where you are? I'd love to know.


5 Comments:

At January 12, 2010 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Sandra Strait said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our Mastiff, Cedric, in July, and I still find myself tearing up on occasion. He was 11, a good old age for his breed, but not old enough for me!

Pets are so wonderful, but they do come with a heavy price!

 
At January 17, 2010 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Kate Carvellas said...

Hi. I found your blog because you have been kind enough to follow mine. I am so sorry for your loss. People who don't have pets don't understand that losing one is as close to losing an actual human family member as you can get without actually doing so! I'll be praying for your family and your kitty that God would comfort your hearts in your time of grief!

 
At April 23, 2010 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Qpatches said...

Hi ... I now have a new blog, HawkladyStrugglingVegan...instead of HawkladyRamblings.
AM so sorry to hear of your loss, it is so difficult to loose one of our beloved 4 footed loves!
Linda Lee

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I found your blog through a comment you made on mine. I am sorry for your loss of a fur baby. We too have suffered a loss of 2 cats, one was 6, she had a nerve disease and the other was just a couple weeks ago and he was only 2 years. he had some kind of heart disease and dies of congestive heart failure. By the time we got him to the vet his lungs were over 3/4 full of fluid. To top that off our 2 kittens we just adapteed have feline herpes, I didn't know they could get that. but have been on there 3 treatment. This one is working. thank goodness... They as so sweet. i just love kissing all over them babies.
Your Dotee's are precious......Hugs Lisa

 
At April 23, 2011 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Qpatches said...

My heart goes out to you. My son had to have his beloved Mr Toby put down-he was 17yrs- 109 in human yrs.
Dogs are OUR BABIES; sure was his and my granddog. WE both cried a lot.
Grief does pass and now he is happily bouncing w/o PAIN.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home