Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday fun





Here are 2 of the dotees i created last night. I just have so much fun making these. I hope someone will trade me someday! It's fun to see others work.

I'm a little down today. My darn printer ran out of ink, my car(Geo Metro) died for good(i think) and I still haven't gotten my face stamper from Hobby Lobby! I went to see about the stamper and they didn't know what i was talking about! I told them one of their help was supposed to order one for me! Anyhow, i guess i'll wait and have to order/find something online! I did get my little face mold for clay. No clay yet but soon i hope! I missed my chance at a yard sale! She had lots on sale for 50cents each but some other lady beat me to it and wouldn't let me look! =( Darn. I know eventually i will get the things i need but not soon. I have to be patient. =-) I did get some neat papers for 10cents each, oh, and some buttons and material. I got a huge bag for $1.00. The lady knew me as she lives up the street so she was kind to me. Last year she gave me a whole sack of nice socks as she was changing to all white. I'm still wearing them. We found each other on Freecycle. It's a great place to share things you don't want with someone in your area who might need them. I got a like new stroller and baby carseat for my great granddaughter.

Today i made lasagna and garlic bread. Here is the recipe for the Lasagna, it came from Hy-Vee Test Kitchens

Fuss-Free Lasagna

All you need

1 pound ground beef, browned(i just chopped it up raw and cooked it on low)

1 package (8 oz) no boil lasagna noodles, broken into thirds

1/2 cup Hy-Vee reduced-fat ricotta cheese

1 1/2 cup Hy-Vee 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese

2 jars (26 oz. each) Hy-Vee traditional pasta sauce

All You Do:

1. Combine all ingredients in a greased slow-cooker

2. Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours or LOW for 5 hours

Calories: 400

Carbs: 37gr.

Cholesterol: 60mg.

Dietary Fiber: 6 gr.

Fat: 15 gr.

Protein: 30 gr.

Sat. Fat: 6 gr.

sodium: 1050 mg.

Sugars: 11 gr.

Trans fat: 0

This was really good. I think next time i will use 2 of the pkg lasagna noodles or just 1 jar pasta sauce as we like it less saucy. I'm all for easy too!

Thanks for coming to see my blog. I hope you'll try the recipe. It's good! Add some garlic bread and maybe a small salad...Yummy! Blessings....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 20, 2009 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Tati Tortelly said...

Hey, dear Judy!

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog! =)

I´m thinking, after my finals (crazy time!!) we could make another private swap. What do you think?

By the way, your Dotees are always lovely! =D

My Gatanjos said hello!

Talk to you soon, dear.

Best wishes,
Tati.

 
At January 17, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Kate Carvellas said...

Great job on these Dotees!! Will you be making more and posting them? I'd love to see 'em!

 
At December 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger elsie123 said...

I'm making my first Dotee doll, and your blog came up to look at. So cute! I've not done any beadwork, so I don't know yet what I'll do about legs, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

You haven't posted in awhile. Still doing the Dotees?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home